Have you ever wasted precious time rummaging around trying to find the right product to clean something, even though you may have multiples…
Let’s face it we really don’t want to be cleaning in the first place, so here’s how to easily keep your products organised:
1. Search out all your cleaning products and get rid of anything you no longer need or want. Including the products you’ve tried and hated.
2. Once you have de-cluttered all relevant cupboards, find a central surface to sort the remaining items onto (the kitchen table is always a good place – consider covering it in case of spills).
3. Group similar items together in categories that make sense to you.
4. If you have multiple half used bottles of the same product, can you combine them?
5. Review where you were keeping the products, was it the best spot? We recommend you keep the items in only a few key central areas – close to where they will be used. Keep spares together in one location.
6. When placing items:
a. Create ‘zones’ using your categories – eg a car cleaning zone, an ironing zone.
b. Don’t over fill storage areas or they will be hard to keep tidy.
c. Store heavier items lower down.
7. Once you have decided where you will be keeping the products it’s time to look at storage solutions that will fit nicely into the area, help keep the area organised and items easy to access.
8. Look around your home to see if you have anything suitable before buying anything.
a. Plastic containers without lids work well as make shift drawers.
b. Think about using the space on the back of the doors to hang things.
c. See my storage examples below
9. Label, label, label – label the shelves, containers etc so that everyone knows what goes where and can easily find things.
A lot of cupboards have very deep shelving or no shelving, these products will help maximise the space.
Wall and door storage suggestions:
Over the door hanging options are great for rentals!
Store all regular smaller cleaning products and tools together in a caddy, so that they are ready to use and easy to carry around.
Don’t delay, start today